Lutheran Schools-What are they?
- Academically Strong
- Respectfully Operated
- They are driven by a commitment to the Gospel and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and their families.
- They are governed by board members who clearly understand their roles and focus on the vision and board policies that effectively govern the operation of the school.
- They are engaged in effective strategic planning which enables the Lutheran school to maximize its ability to achieve its mission.
- They utilize an accreditation process like National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA).
- They develop and follow a business plan.
- They develop and implement a communications/marketing plan.
- They meet or exceed state and national academic standards at all grade levels.
- They help to develop a minimum of 30 developmental assets in children.
- They lead a minimum of 3% of their students to professional church work.
- They lead students to share Christ and their faith story in an unbelieving world.
- They identify future leaders for our schools.
How do Lutheran Schools Make a Difference?
They have educators who . . .
- Model visionary leadership. They inspire a shared vision and model the way. They practice stewardship of resources, build up others and empathize with others.
- Model servant leadership. Do those served grow as persons; do they while being served, become healthier, wiser, freer, more autonomous, more likely themselves to become servants? (Robert Greenleaf)
- Model spiritual leadership. They study God's Word, share their personal faith story, apply law and Gospel appropriately, exhibit a passion for ministry, act courageously, equip God's people for service, care for others, demonstrate integrity, and pray.
- Provide better results:Students attending The Lutheran Schools consistently score above state average in standardized testing. Our elementary-school graduates are readily accepted into all local high schools, public and parochial, often moving right into various honors and Advanced Placement classes. The educational foundation built by The Lutheran Schools puts students in good stead for acceptance into top-tier colleges and universities, including Ivy League schools and military academies. We develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, stimulate creativity and curiosity, ingrain the responsibilities of citizenship, and foster brighter futures. Our curriculum also includes other components vital to a well-rounded education, including faith instruction, physical education, computer technology, art, music (general, vocal, and instrumental), and language. Visitors often remark about the joy on students' faces, the enthusiasm they demonstrate in activities and classroom discussions, and the palpable energy sensed within the walls of The Lutheran Schools.
- In addition to providing students with a solid academic foundation, The Lutheran Schools focus on instilling in their students a moral compass that will lead them in the right direction throughout life. We also instill a sense of citizenship by making students aware of their obligations, not just to their local communities, but to people around the world.
We know that no one can put a price tag on a quality education, but we still strive to make it very affordable. In fact, parents are often surprised at just how reasonable the cost is to attend one of our schools. We also offer various payment plans and tuition assistance to make it even easier, and we endeavor to ensure that money never interferes with your desire to give your child the gift of a lifetime, an excellent Christian education that prepares him or her for life in the world today, as well as life eternal.